So – I started a vague TBR list of book titles for Spring in January, and with it almost being halfway through March, I thought I would go back and see where I was, progress-wise. (This is nothing serious – just a guide more than a have-to, really. If I read another title other than one on this list but it’s still off the TBR pile, it counts (in my rules).
So, this list:
Logavina Street – Barbara Demick(NF) – READ 02/2013.
- Living Dolls: The Return of Sexism – Natasha Walter (NF)
- The Campaign for Domestic Happiness – Isabel Beeton (NF)
- The Short Life and Long Times of Mrs. Beeton – Kathryn Hughes (NF bio)
- Neverland: J. M. Barrie, the du Mauriers, and the Dark Side of Peter Pan – Piers Dudgeon (NF)
- Time was Soft There (book about the Shakespeare Co. book shop in Paris) – Jeremy Mercer (NF)
Helen Keller: The Story of my Life – Helen Keller(NF autobio) – READ 03/2013.
- Level 4: Virus Hunters of the CDC – Joseph McCormick and Susan Fisher-Hoch (NF)
- The Devil’s Highway – Luis Alberto Urea (NF)
As For Me and My House – Sinclair Ross(Canadian F) – in process.Updated: READ 03/13.
- Be the Pack Leader – Cesar Milan (NF)
- Methland – The Death and Life of an American Small Town – Nick Reding (NF)
- Becoming Queen Victoria – Kate Williams (you know Victoria would slip in there somewhere…) (NF)
- Charles Dickens (bio) – Clare Tomalin (NF)
Chasing the Monsoon– Alexander Frater
- Going to Extremes – Joe McGinnis (NF)
- The Secret Life of Bletchley Park – Sinclair Mckay (NF)
- The Grandmothers – Doris Lessing (F)
- Strength in What Remains – Tracy Kidder (NF)
- The Marie Curie Complex – Julie des Jardins (NF)
- The Best American Sci and Nature Writing 2006 – Brian Greene (ed.) (NF) – in process.
- Oryx and Crake – Margaret Atwood (F) READ 02/2013.
Not that impressive progress, but c’est la vie. It’s not work, and I am having fun putting some attention on the Thirkell canon and the Benson works. (Mapp and Lucia series are all available on Project Gutenburg Australia, for some reason, and not other sites. Copyright laws? )