It was the year of experimenting with various book series (after years of avoiding them): Agatha Christie, Angela Thirkell, E. F. Benson, Paddington the Bear, Just William books, MaddAdam trilogy (although haven’t got to # 3 yet)… This has been fun, although I don’t feel a completist need to finish all of them (for which I am grateful). I already have quite a few titles on the old TBR list as you can probably imagine without adding the five zillion other Christie titles. 🙂
Other notable reads (with links where available):
• Their Eyes were Watching God – Zora Neal Hurston
• Horses of God – Mahi Binebine
• The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald (along with film)
• The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner – Alan Sillitoe
• The Lonely Passion of Miss Judith Hearne – Brian Moore
• Dandelion Wine – Ray Bradbury
- Of Studies – Sir Francis Bacon
- Blue Latitudes – Tony Horwitz (review to come)
- When Everything Changed – Gail Collins
- The Sex Lives of Cannibals – J. Maarten Troost
- Inside Scientology – Janet Reitman
Total number of books read in 2013: 124. (Previous 2011: 114; 2012: 123)
Total number of pages read: 31,284 pages (av. 264).
Fiction/Non-Fiction: 76 F and 38 NF (Other included were plays and graphic novels.)
Library books vs. books I owned (and thus removed from the home abode): 51 library books and 45 owned books. 20 electronic books (mostly Project Gutenberg).
Here’s to a happy new 2014 of great reading to come!