As happens in life, I happened to perhaps/maybe/might have got a *little* busy with the One-Click option and so these particular titles have shown up in my postbox – lots of new titles to choose from this summer and beyond…
To sum up (bottom to top):
- My Planet – Mary Roach (NF science/nature writing)
- The Button Box – Lynn Knight (NF social history)
- The Making of Home – Judith Flanders (NF social history)
- The Best American Science and Nature Writing (2011) – ed. Mary Roach
- Between You and Me – Mary Norris (NF – writing/editing memoir)
- At the Edge of the Orchard – Tracey Chevalier (F)
- The New Jim Crow – Michelle Alexander (NF Af-Am history/sociology)
And then one extra title that didn’t make it in the pic as it only just arrived today: Love Nina: A Nanny Writes Home – Nine Stibbe (NF).
Hmm. Mostly nonfiction, I see. I’m into facts right now. 🙂
Any reccies to start with?
<Rubs my hands with glee at thought of lots of good reading this summer>
I really, really want to read “The Button Box”. I’m trying to get my TBR down a bit before I acquire it, but it’s high on the list. And hooray for facts!
Thanks, Liz. I’m excited to read it as well. (I’m just pretending that I don’t have all those other titles in the TBR. Denial is a good thing.)
I tried reading At the Edge of the Orchard but I just didn’t like it. I’ve loved evertthing else by Chevalier, and I know many people who did enjoy this book.
Good luck with your reading!