So, Christmas has come and gone. New Year’s has come and gone. Time off almost come and gone. What has been quite steady is the reading habit and, along with that, the buying-of-books habit (although curtailed a bit last year).
Here are some of the new titles which have slipped by the goalie in the last month or so. Top to bottom are as follows:
- We Gon’ Be Alright: Notes on Race and Resegregation – Jeff Chang (NF)
- Eye on the Struggle: Ethel Payne, the First Lady of the Black Press – James McGrath Morris (NF)
- Dreamland: The True Tale of America’s Opiate Epidemic – Sam Quinones (NF)
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity – David Allen (NF)
- Fashion: The Collection of the Kyoto Costume Institute (NF)
The majority of these were bought on our recent trip to Santa Fe because (a) they are interesting titles, and (b) I wanted to support the indie bookshop there. (Check out Collected Works in Santa Fe if you’re there. Great place.)
And so: what am I reading? None of these titles. :-}
A biography of Queen Elizabeth II (a curiosity piqued by watching Season Two of The Crown, naturellement.)
That’s a lovely pile of books!
Thanks, Liz. I’m looking forward to the next step: reading them! 🙂