There happened to be a FoL library book sale at the start of last month, and who am I to turn down that deliciousness? So, of course, I went. “Just to see…” 🙂
So, here are the titles that I carried home with me (from top to bottom):
- Germinal – Emile Zola
- The House of the Four Winds – John Buchan
- Shopping, Seduction and Mr. Selfridge – Lindy Woodhead
- Fodor’s Vancouver and Victoria guide book
- The Trumpet of the Swan – E.B. White
- Stuart Little – E.B. White
- The Great Typo Hunt – Jeff Deck and Benjamin Herson
- Death in the Summer – William Trevor
Nearly all fiction titles (which is not my usual MO), but this was probably influenced by my glancing at my already-existing TBR NF shelves and realizing that I already have enough on those!
(Plus this pile did give me the impetus to go through my TBR and whittle down its numbers quite a bit. (Two large grocery bags of books to the FoL!)
Plus, I finally bit the bullet and gave away my large pile of dark-green Virago titles.
I know – sacrilege, but I realized that if I haven’t read these titles over the past 20 years, I probably don’t really want to read them at all. Now they are available to more appreciative readers!)
Now, I just have to read them! Hahahahahahaha.