Had a good month of reading in August, the last month of the summer (for some of us). It was a mix of leisurely enjoy-the-last-few-days of break combined with the getting-ready-for-student crush, but overall pretty fun.
Here’s what I read last month:
- The Lady and the Panda: The True Adventures of the First American Explorer to Bring Back China’s Most Exotic Animal – Vicki Constantine Croke (2005) – NF/bio.
- Vacationland – John Hodgman (2017) – NF/essays.
- The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival – John Vaillant (2010) – NF/history.
- Pledged: The Secret Life of Sororities – Alexandra Robbins (2004) – NF/sociology.
- The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer – Siddhatha Mukherjee (2010) – NF/medicine.
- Buildings – DK Eye Witness Books (no blog post) – NF.
- The Illustrated Man – Ray Bradbury (1976) – Short stories.
Plans for September? Get back into the swing of things for teaching this semester, continue to read from the TBR pile, prepare for the annual FoL Library Sale (woo hoo!), and just be.