The reads for February 2021 included:
- The Seven Dials Mystery – Agatha Christie F (1929)
- The Book of Unknown Americans – Cristina Henriquiez F (2014)
- Pavilion of Women – Pearl Buck F (1946).
- Patsy – Nicole Dennis-Brown F (2019).
- The Weight of Heaven – Thrity Umriger F (2009).
- The Etymologist – Mark Forsythe NF (2011).
- Mariana – Monica Dickens F (1940).
- By the Sea – Abdulrazak Gurnah F (2002). Note: DNF.
- The Best American Science Writing 2006 – Atul Gwande NF (2007).
- The Country Child – Alison Uttley NF/F? (1931).
So to the numbers:
- Total number of books read in February 2021: 10.
- Total number of pages read: 3,056 pages (av. 306).
- Fiction/Non-Fiction: 7 fiction / 3 non-fiction.
- Diversity: 4 BIPOC. 7 books by women.
- Library books vs. books I owned (and thus removed from the home abode): 3 library books, 7 owned books (whee!) and 0 e-books.
Plans for March 2021 include a long weekend off for Spring Break (abbreviated due to COVID). Finish up my ongoing read of “Far From the Madding Crowd” by Thomas Hardy. I also want to continue to include more BIPOC writing on my list. Continue this pace of reading and continue this streak of reading more from my own TBR as opposed to those titles from the library.